The EUCPN consists of a Board of National Representatives and their Substitutes supported by a Secretariat comprising of a Coordinator, a Policy & Practice Officer, Research Officer, Communication Officer and an Administrative Officer. The position of the Board Chair rotates every six months.
EUCPN Chair until 31 December 2017
- 14 November 2017, EUCPN Executive Committee first meeting, Chancellor of Justice Office (Kohtu 8, Tallinn)
- 15-16 November 2017, European Crime Prevention Awards (ECPA) Jury meeting, Ministry of Interior (Pikk 61, Tallinn)
- 12 December 2017, EUCPN Executive Committee second meeting, Ministry of Justice (Suur-Ameerika 1, Tallinn)
- 13 December 2017, EUCPN Board meeting, Ministry of Justice (Suur-Ameerika 1, Tallinn)
- 13 December 2017, Public lecture related to Best Practice Conference (BPC), Balti Film and Media School (Narva mnt 27, Tallinn)
- 14-15 December 2017, Best Practice Conference (BPC), KUMU Art Museum (Weizenbergi 34/ Valge 1, Tallinn)
- 14 December 2017, European Crime Prevention Awards (ECPA) Ceremony, Seaplane Harbour (Vesilennuki 6, Tallinn)
The EUCPN Board comprises an Executive Committee, voting members and non-voting observers. The Board meets at least twice a year. The voting members of the Board are responsible for decision making.
Best Practice Conference and European Crime Prevention Award
One of the EUCPN's main tasks is to arrange an annual conference for sharing and disseminating experience and knowledge of best practices in preventing crime and increasing safety and security in EU Member States.
In 2017 the conference will take place from 14-15 December 2017 in Tallinn, Estonia.
The European Crime Prevention Award (ECPA) is a contest which aims to reward the best European crime prevention project. The nominated projects are presented each year during the Best Practice Conference. The theme for the 2017 ECPA and BPC will be 'Cyber Safety'.
Winner of the ECPA 2016 on the topic 'Organized crime' with a special focus on 'Prevention of crimes committed on elderly people' was the Czech Republic with their project "Senior Academy".
EUCPN SECRETARIAT OUTPUT
The Secretariat, located in Belgium, provides administrative, academic and technical support to the Network as a whole as well as specific support services to the Chair and Executive Committee.
The Secretariat periodically releases it's own documents, such as the 'Toolbox', etc.
EUCPN cooperates with many partner organisations all over the world to provide the most up-to-date information. Here is a selection of our partners. A list of all partners can be found under Useful links.