The format for the current EUCPN Work Programme was agreed at the EUCPN Board meeting on 14 July 2005. The emphasis is on having a number of small well managed projects which will deliver clear results within a defined timescale. The Work Programme is not allotted to a specific time span and new projects are added as the need arises.
Seven 'headline' themes have been agreed for the current Work Programme:
- Crime proofing of legislation
- Making goods less vulnerable to crime
- Common methodology to evaluate best practices
- Inventory of good practices
- Monitoring Member State crime prevention policies
- Focus on specific and well-defined types of crime (juvenile, urban, drugs)
- Professionalising and strengthening the EUCPN
Each of the Work Programme projects falls within one of more of the headline themes, and the Programme itself complies with a set of underlying principles.
The Programme is updated regularly and mainly comprises standard templates describing projects currently in progress and their timescales for delivery.