1st Edition of The Academy for the Safe Elderly
The project “Academy for the Safe Elderly” was launched as an idea of a few environments. The meetings were based on methods related to active methods of teaching adults, such as lectures with moderators, mini-workshops, case analysis, discussions, debates.
The main objectives of the Academy are:
- increasing the awareness of the elderly about potential threats and showing proper behaviour in such situations,
- improving knowledge and skills of proper reaction when falling victim to a crime,
- confirming the role of Police in threat situations,
- creating an alliance of government administration and NGO’s acting for safety in the Chojnice county.
The following topics were covered within the Academy of the Elderly:
- Safe elderly – grandparents’ scam
- The elderly safe on the road • ABC of self-defence for the elderly
- Healthy life of the elderly, secrets of a healthy diet
- ABC of first aid
The project ran from May 2015 till August 2016.
Currently The Academy for the Safe Elderly is being prepared.
Last review: December 2016.