Danish policy on illegal migrant smuggling
The objectives of the crime strategy:
- Ongoing training and knowledge sharing of staff at the borders and airports in the mode and trends used by human traffickers.
- Police districts and especially the border districts and airports should focus on human smuggling by local human smuggling groups.
- Ongoing investigations should help to create a lasting pressure on the perpetrators.
- Police districts should follow the National Aliens Center's operational strategy “Police efforts in the Danish border areas 2017-2020”.
- The prosecution in each district should have prosecutors with in-depth knowledge of cases of human trafficking. If this is not the case, an in-depth discussion with prosecutors from other police districts should take place. This should ensure that