Estonia: victim support
The following information materials are made and are provided for employers, foreign workers and also to the refugees from Ukraine to offer them services and support in Estonia, also on labour market issues.
For employers/foreign workers:
- Police and Border Guard Board started the migration advice project on the 1st of March 2017 and this enables for foreigners to seek help also about possible cases of THB. Migration advisers provide the service in three languages: Estonian, Russian and English. In the end 2022 there were 7 advisers working, service started with 4 advisers in 2017. It is possible to get advice via e-mail, phone, Skype and face-to-face meetings. Migration advisers are consulting foreigners, employers and everybody who needs information about legal basis to stay and work in Estonia. Advisers provide information about different support systems and contacts, if people need assistance. On average migration adviser have 1700 consultation cases per month and they also have regular webinars on migration issues. In 2021 and 2022 Estonian Police and Border Guard migration advisers and surveillance inspectors, Laboure Inspectorate (LI), Tax and Customs Board (ETCB), Social Insurance Board held several joint webinars in Estonian, English and Russian language. On these webinars’ employers got information about legal basis to stay for immigrant workers and also the requirements, taxation, labour environment and contracts requirements, prevention of THB. A migration supervision module is being developed to enable better data exchange between the information systems of the ETCB, the LI, and the Unemployment Insurance Fund and thereby improve supervision over working in Estonia.
- In 2021 Ministry of Justice, Social Insurance Board, Tartu University, Labour Inspectorate, Police and Border Guard Board organized YouTube live stream events for businesses in three languages to support their efforts to continue business effectively and responsibly, through giving then information about essential free services provided by the Estonian state:
- Information hour in Russian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixECg-lg1b8;
- Information hour in English https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRiE_xdIDEI;
- Information hour in Estonian, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YzBSHEa7Eg.
For refugees and the volunteers helping them (videos are made by Social Insurance Board and some of them together with Ministry of Justice):
- Video of the victim support and human trafficking prevention and victims assistance counseling line 116 006 ja 6607 320 (English): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiKy-dAR5ZM&list=PL4Xow53QzhUpjPhSLbCGIkaPrxKQwlALQ&t=159s.
- Video of the victim support and human trafficking prevention and victims assistance counseling line 116 006 ja 6607 320 (Russian): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmqw_Ks_FqA&list=PL4Xow53QzhUr2gP_C2FpDC5IBw88BxNeU
- Recommendations for the helpers of the war refugees (Estonian) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VbYUa-_Xyw.
- Recommendations for the helpers of the war refugees Russian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuUxzorDR4o
The Council of Baltic Sea States Round-Up report of 2022 provides good practices of preventing trafficking regards refugees from Ukraine and also on other fields. This is found in here: https://cbss.org/publications/human-trafficking-baltic-sea-region-round-up-report-2022/.