German policy on trafficking in human beings
(1) Whosoever recruits, transports, transfers, harbours or receives another person, either under twenty-one years of age or by taking advantage of that person’s personal or financial predicament or helplessness arising from being in a foreign country, shall be liable to imprisonment from six months to five years, if
1. that person is to be exploited by
a) engaging them in prostitution or performing sexual acts on or in the presence of the offender or a third person, or suffering sexual acts on their person by the offender or a third person,
c) begging, or
d) committing criminal offences,
2. that person is to be held in slavery, servitude, bonded labour, or under corresponding or similar conditions, or
3. that an organ is to be illegally removed from that person. Exploitation by working within the meaning of the 1st sentence No 1 b) above occurs if the work, in serving the ruthless pursuit of profit, takes place underworking conditions that are in clear discrepancy to those of other workers performing the same or a similar activity (exploitative work).
(2) Whosoever, with respect to another person who is to be exploited in the manner indicated in subsection (1) 1st sentence Nos 1 to 3 above, 1. recruits, transports, transfers, harbours or receives that person by force, by threat of serious harm or by deception, or 2. abducts that person or gains physical control over him or encourages a third person to gain physical control over him, shall be liable to imprisonment from six months to ten years.
(3) In cases under subsection (1) above the penalty shall be imprisonment from six months to ten years, if
1. the victim is under eighteen years of age at the time of the offence,
2. the offender seriously physically abuses the victim or, through the offence or an act committed during the offence, at least with gross negligence places the victim in danger of death or serious injury, or
3. the offender acts on a commercial basis or as a member of a gang whose purpose is the continued commission of such offences. In cases under subsection (2) above the penalty shall be imprisonment from one year to ten years if the offence
(4) An attempt to commit an offence shall be punishable in the cases covered by sub- section 1, no. 2 and sub-section 3, no. 1, letter a.”