RECOGNIZE IT IN DUE TIME - prevention program at schools against being victimized by human trafficking, prostitution and domestic violence
RECOGNIZE IT IN DUE TIME – prevention activities in schools. Hungarian Interchurch Aid organized awareness raising, sensitizing prevention programs to prevent students from becoming victimized in the field of human trafficking, prostitution and domestic violence. 80 classes of more than 30 schools joined the program and 551 students in 2013 and 1500 students in 2014 took part in it. Objectives included prevention of victimization, awareness raising, sensitizing for students; provision of information and training for experts to enable them to hold prevention lectures. Sensitizing knowledge- and information-transfer was also provided to teachers of the affected schools.
- Contacting teachers, information on the program and its necessity
- Surveying level of knowledge
- Survey of risk factors
- Form classes – sessions to transfer information and knowledge in 45 minutes
- Organizing sensitizing training in 2X1,5 hours
- Distribution of professional materials, flyers for teachers and students
- Evaluation of program results
- HIA also measures program efficiency, knowledge of the students and its development, and also students’ affectedness in the given topics.
The project started in 2005 and is now finished.
A new, third period of the project is implemented in 2015 with the same concept and methodology. The current project is supported by the Ministry of Human Capacities. Duration of the third project period: December 2014 – October 2015.’
Last review: September 2017.