Spanish policy on drugs
The objectives of the crime strategy are:
- Prevention: National Education Policy on Drugs. It is needed to educate the future generations to decrease the use of drugs.
- Strengthen law enforcement to combat drug-related violence, disrupt criminal organizations, and arrest and prosecute the leaders of illegal drug syndicates.
- Focus the effort of the law enforcement on disrupt money laundering and seize and forfeit criminal assets.
- Shield the borders: In terms of air, land and sea frontiers from the drug threat.
- Encourage International and bilateral Cooperation to provide valid information to dismantle major international drug trafficking organizations.