The theme of the Austrian Presidency
Recent studies concerning public safety have shown that despite a measurable decrease in the occurrence of crime over all, the subjective feeling of safety among the citizens of Austria has declined in recent years. During the Austrian Presidency our main focus will therefore lie on how to strengthen the community and the cooperation with the community to fight crime and organized crime. The Presidency will organize a large-scale international conference in December, which will revolve around this theme and invite national and international experts to present initiatives and projects that enable the improvement of the subjective feeling of safety of our citizens through positive exposure and cooperation with law enforcement.
Events organized by the Austrian Presidency
- Executive Committee (ExCom) Meeting of the European Crime Prevention Network (EUCPN)
Dates: 06.11.2018 - 07.11.2018
- European Crime Prevention Network (EUCPN) Community Policing Conference & Best Practice Conference
Dates: 04.12.2018 - 06.12.2018
Documents regarding the Call for projects
Entries for the European Crime Prevention Award should be submitted through the National Representative of each Member State to the Secretariat, the deadline has been moved up to the 30th of September. Please be aware that different (shorter) deadlines can apply within individual Member States. Please contact the National Representative of your Member State for further details.
- Presidency letter - Call for projects, ECPA 2018
- Annex I: Template applicable to the ECPA projects (Word document)
- Annex II: Evaluation form
- Annex III: Rules and procedures for awarding and presenting the European Crime Prevention Award
- Annex IV: Guidelines for presenters