Who we are
The Spanish presidency will focus on trafficking in human beings for the purpose of labour exploitation. Human trafficking can be considered as the contemporary form of slavery of the 21st century, which constitutes a serious violation of the dignity and freedom of the person and a form of serious crime. Moreover, it is important to highlight that specific groups, such as vulnerable people, especially women, children and men in delicate physical or economic conditions, are the main targets of this type of criminality.
Spain approved a National Strategic Plan against Trafficking and Exploitation of Human Beings 2021-2023, which establishes five priority objectives and sixteen lines of action that affect both public institutions and the third sector.
Furthermore, the Spanish Presidency of EUCPN has the following three priorities:
- European Crime Prevention Award and Best Practice Conference Topic “trafficking in human beings for the purpose of labour exploitation and other ways of exploitation”
- Topic EU policy and strategy of crime prevention
- Seminars in the field of prevention
- Dorien Stevenspolicy and strategy officer
- Thomas Van den Berghepolicy and practice officer
- Stijn Aertsresearch officer
- Sarah Bosmanresearch officer
- Katrijn Hoedemakerscommunication officer
- Glenn Asselmanadministrative officer